In the information technology field, Stephens Lawyers advises on matters ranging from protection of computer software and other technology, ownership of intellectual property, to complex IT development projects including outsourcing and procurement transactions.
Our focus on the technology industry means we understand the language of the industry and industry standards. This enables us to provide legal advice that is both technically and commercially relevant.
Stephens Lawyers also provides expert advice in the fields of e-commerce, telecommunications, broadcasting and multimedia.
We negotiate and prepare technology contracts across a range of issues:
- Hardware leases or purchase contracts
- Software licences
- Software development
- Hardware and software support and maintenance
- Distribution agreements
- Turnkey system agreements
- Research and development
- Systems integration
- OEM agreements
- Facilities management and outsourcing
- Multimedia production agreements
- Ownership of intellectual property
- Confidentiality agreements.